The intern will assist with our marketing efforts and support efforts to raise our visibility in the digital space. There is always something new going on!
Our internship program is very well rounded and you will learn a multitude of different aspects of growing a business including (but not limited to): day-to-day operations, how to do market research, how to prepare great and effective marketing strategies, how to understand and utilize reporting systems, how to build client relationships and more!
TYPICAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Draft content for social media platforms
- Assist in posting to Instagram accounts, contributing to Instagram strategy, and growing follower base on the platform
- Assist with social media research and implementation of best practices to grow online presence
- Assist in identifying current trends or campaigns that are in line with specific brands
- Potential for assistance in video marketing (creation of videos and deployment online)
- Deploy marketing strategies for social networks (Facebook and Instagram)
- Draft blog content
- Post content and images to multiple blogs using WordPress platform
- Assist in the development of systems for obtaining and entering stories from the field into an online storytelling system
- Assist with photo and story uploading and categorizations
- Clean up digital media archives (images, videos)
- Create a media distribution list
- Increase visibility by sharing our services on community groups, etc.
- Research events and growth opportunities for multiple industries (mostly web design, online marketing, photography, art/craft and fishing industries)
- Attend trade shows and networking events
- Create e-mail blast layouts
- Create newsletters to send to clients
- Design and implement multiple lead generation landing pages on our company website(s)
- Organize and maintain catalog of usable content and documents
- Organize and maintain contact lists (CRM Customer Relationship Management System)
- Provide other administrative assistance as needed
- Maintain client details and notes for specific projects
- Market research for new industries and competitors
- Review Google Analytics Reports to assess trends and activity
- Current undergraduate or graduate student studying preferably marketing, communications, journalism, web design, online marketing, public relations or a related field
- Applicant must be a current student and either able to receive academic credit or able to provide an official letter from the school stating that the internship contributes to intern’s education.
- Excellent organization, written and verbal skills
- Ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Proactive problem prevention and issue resolution leadership ability
- Experience with social media platforms (especially Instagram)
- Interest in web design and blogging
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Computer skills including WordPress, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Basic Photoshop skills required
- InDesign and Illustrator skills a plus but not required
- Ability to use own computer a plus but not required
- Video creation/editing experience a plus but not required
- Eye for photography a plus but not required
- Flexible schedule to complete minimum of 50 hours within a 16 week time frame.
- This internship is an unpaid position; however we can provide a stipend to cover travel (for events, etc.) and any work-related expenses when necessary.
How to Apply
Please include the following:
- Linkedin profile link
- Please provide a short video telling us why you are a good fit for the position, your background and future goals after college.
- Please specify which intern opportunity you are interested in and start/end dates of estimated availability.
Ideally, internships will begin based on your academic calendar.
About 1st Source Web
Founded in 2008, 1stSource Web is a web design and online marketing company working with small to medium sized businesses. We are headquartered in San Diego, CA, and have clients in many different industries throughout the nation.